Re: Fedora 12, Xorg, and Apex Outlook KVM, - can't nail resolution

On Wed, 26 May 2010 16:07:22 -0500
Styma, Robert E (Robert) wrote:

> My desire now is to find the detected EDID and hardcode it as a kernel parameter as was suggested when the thread first started.

The /var/log/Xorg.0.log file usually has detected EDID info, so
you might find what you need there when the monitor is directly
connected. Or perhaps if you add debug options to the X server
you can bump up the verbosity of the log if the one you get
now doesn't have enough (might be easier to boot runlevel 3 and
use startx to pass extra options to server).