Re: Regarding Get Fedora page

2010/5/26 Máirín Duffy <duffy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
>> That would have at least kept me (and probably many others) from
>> scanning the page over and over again for ten minutes looking for what
>> I just knew must be there.
>
> No, it wouldn't.

Yes, it would. I would have found the link that I was expecting to be
on the page after following the link that said, and I'm quoting, "View
full list of options for getting Fedora ..." Not a very full list,
after all. Notwithstanding that there are many other options that
other people may have been searching for, my statement was completely
true.

For my part, I'm just a user. I merely stated what I was expecting and
how my expectations were not met. You can take that any way you like,
and apparently you've chosen to take offence that a user would expect
something that you didn't deliver. I wish I could say I'm sorry, but
I'm more perplexed.

Whatever.

I thought that the fedoraproject.org web site was geared toward users.
Your screed tells me that fedoraproject.org is actually geared toward
Windows and Mac users who want to try Fedora. Current users such as
myself are expected to already know that we should just go eat
Google-cake. Certainly, fedoraproject.org is not where we should be
going for answers.

Apparently, a class of users looking to update their Fedora
installations by a heretofore encouraged and commonly available path
are not, in fact, customers from the perspective of the
Every-Way-To-Get-Fedora web page. Good information, that. I'll make a
note of it.

I'm unlikely to be following many developer-oriented lists, in any
case. Like I said, I'm just a user.

-Alan