Re: F13 upgrades post here, please.

Linuxguy123 wrote:
> Hi people.
>
> I'd love to hear about F13 upgrade experiences.  Once the issues are
> worked out I'll be upgrading from F12.

I went FC13 as soon as the pre-beta came out, and ran it on a semi-production
security camera server for several weeks, along with a few VMs with various
little servers. Unfortunately support for the IBM webcam was broken by an
upgrade and the problem was rejected for fix in FC13. Since then I've been told
that at least one Logitech camera of recent vintage is broken as well, but I
haven't verified that. Since the ibmcam is capable of very low light operation
and I don't really want to replace them I used another solution.

As a desktop operation has been boring, virtually no problems. Unless you really
need support for one of the web cams which became unsupported I would say go for
it. Hopefully 2.6.35 will happen during the life of the release, and that should
provide better battery life for laptops and less heat for desktop.

It's really a great release, I'm sorry I can't use it unless I fall back to the
old kernel with some security issues.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen@xxxxxxx>