Re: Adjust remaining battery power warning threshold

Matthew Saltzman writes:

On Sun, 2010-05-23 at 20:48 +0530, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
On 05/23/2010 08:38 PM, Sam Varshavchik wrote:
> Right now, Gnome shows an alert bubble when I have somewhere between
> 15 and 20 minutes remaining on battery power (varies). When there's a
> couple of minutes left, an automatic shutdown gets initiated.
>
> I would like to adjust the thresholds. I want to be alerted when I
> have about 30 minutes of power left, and initiate a shutdown when the
> battery has 15 minutes of power left.
>
> I cannot find any adjustment knobs in "Power Management" in
> preferences, for this. Are these settings adjustable somewhere?

There are gconf keys :  apps -> gnome-power-manager ->  thresholds

Is there one for what level to start recharging at?  My battery manager
under Windows suggests that the level should be allowed to drop to about
80% before recharging, to maximize battery life.  But Linux seems to
want to recharge at about 97%.

Huh? Whether or not my battery is charging depends on whether it's getting AC power. If it's on AC power, it charges. When the battery is full it stops charging, and from that point it runs on AC power, without taking the juice from the battery.