Re: F12 shutdown "oddity"

Yup, those are the symptoms.  Your's and my computer are probably working just fine. Maybe we'll get an update sooner or later.  Meanwhile, no harm done (so far).

Thanks for the reply,

Dick

On Sun, May 23, 2010 at 8:30 PM, Gary Waters <linuxnutster@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 05/22/2010 09:30 PM, Dick Roark wrote:
> I have just upgraded to F12. Basically, no problems except when I go
> through the gnome shutdown process, F12 seems to go into a suspended
> state, rather than shut-down (green power LED and fan stays on). From
> this state I can press the "power" button and it shuts down.  This does
> not seem to damage anything, as I have been required to do this several
> times and the system boots fine.  Is there a setting that will allow me
> do shutdown in the ordinary manner?  Thanks.

I had this happen on my notebook on Friday. It never happened before.
The green power LED was on and It caught my attention just before I put
the notebook into my laptop packsack before heading home.

Gary