Re: Fedora Community Gaming - Why aren't you there?

On Sat, 2010-05-22 at 18:48 -0500, Bruno Wolff III wrote:
> For the rest of you why aren't you dropping by?

Since you ask...  I'm not really into games, very much, and nobody has a
version of battleships that can play the variation of the game that we
used to play when we were young:  To make things more difficult, you're
allowed to move your ships.  But once they're hit, the hit ship has to
stay pinned to where the missile hit it, though can slide along its
length.  Some might call that cheating, but it was just too easy the
usual way the game is played.  And in a real battle, a ship is going to
keep on manoeuvring as best it can, trying to escape, until completely
lost.  ;-)

Beyond that, I think you're going to suffer from one major problem; the
timing of events.  Chances are that I wouldn't be able to join in at the
time you advertise a session (likewise for other people), either we're
not free, awake, or not in the mood.  And the converse; that when we
want to do a group game, there's not one running.  Internet networked
games don't really work well when they're only on for a very limited
time frame, they need to be 24 hour hosted.  Fixed, short term, sessions
are more the realm of LAN parties.

I'm surprised you haven't suggested chess.  Not that I can play it, but
that was the traditional classic pen-pal game.

--
[tim@localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.i686

read messages from the public lists.