Re: Fedora Community Gaming - Why aren't you there?

On Sat, May 22, 2010 at 6:48 PM, Bruno Wolff III <bruno@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> After three Fedora Community Gaming sessions have consistently had enough
> people to play, but just barely, I want to see if there is a way I can
> boost attendance a bit.
>
> We can't handle everyone who has Fedora installed showing up to play.
> (At least not without a lot of work.) But I'd like to see us consistently
> getting over a dozen participants.
>
> If you don't like playing multiplay computer games remotely or don't have
> time because other things are more important, you aren't in my target
> audiance.
>
> For the rest of you why aren't you dropping by?
>
> Are we playing the wrong games? (So far we have played bzflag, wesnoth and
> armacycles and will be playing hedgewars next Saturday. Suggestions are
> welcome, but for now we are avoiding games that are essentially unplayable
> with the Fedora graphics drivers.)
>
> Are we playing at the wrong times?
>
> Are you not seeing the announcements?
>
> Are you worried about not being good enough? (The intention is that newbies
> are welcome and I hope  that at least one expert shows up to show us what the
> best settings are and explain some basic tactics.)
>
> Are you worried about not being in the target audiance? (The intention is
> that anyone who interacts with the Fedora community is welcome. If you are
> on the users list, that certainly includes you. The only restricted thing
> is Fedora Talk and I have mostly been just experimenting with that and it
> isn't needed to play.)
>
> Something else?

I'd like to play, it's just a crap shoot for me if I have time. I stay
pretty busy on the weekends with the wife and 3 kids. I already
installed hedgewars and tried it out. Looks promising, but I still
need to a lot of practice! It's very easy to shoot yourself :)

Richard