Re: Thunderbird Account Settings problem

On 05/21/2010 11:34 AM, Jim wrote:
Fc12

I'm having problem of setting up email account.

If I use the Thunderbird Wizard it wants me to type in  Email Address
and Password,

Then goes out somewhere (I'm Assuming to Medicom to get settings) and
comes back and gives me a default of IMAP server instead of a POP3
server and I can't change it.

I called Mediacom and they assure me it's not their problem.
Does anyone have any Ideals ?

If you go to Edit>Account Settings and click on the "Account Actions" selector at the bottom right, you can "Add Mail Account."
Enter the information and click "Continue"

My experience has been that the system will try to find an Imap set-up first. If you now click on "Edit" (right side of window) You can change the "Incoming" from IMAP to POP and make the rest of the necessary changes.

--

~~R