ralink rt3070 802.x driver, ifconfig, arp

I am seeing some odd behavior on my new wireless interface.

The ra0 wireless network interface seems to be forwarding ARPs from the
wireless devices (which I can see and capture on RA0), but the kernel
apparently does not seem to be recognizing them as arptables does not
increment the packet count.

Also, two device interfaces, eth0 and ra0 calculate two different
broadcast addresses even when given the exact same netmask and ip
address? (as reported by ifconfig). Are these computed by the kernel or
the driver?

Anyone seen something similar in the past?

Thank You

Fred Farleigh

Fedora 12 x86_64, up to date.

RALink Technologies rt3070 USB wireless driver;

rt3070-2.1.1.0-3.fc12.1 (updated May18, 2010 from RPMFusion)