SELinux error booting backup f12

[byers@f12 ~]$ uname -r
2.6.32.11-99.fc12.i686.PAE

login SElinux error trying to boot my backup copy of f12.
Main f12 on external usb at /media/rootusb7, ext4.
Backup f12copy on external usb at /media/rootusb8, ext3.
Both use same /boot on internal hdisk, sdb8.

I think i got the changes correct,
UUID change in fstab, and in grub.conf new stanza.
system booted ok, X came up,
but login as user gives error msg something close to:

" could not connect to session bus: An SELinux policy
prevents ..sender from sending this message to
this recipient (rejected message had sender "(unset)"
interface "org...desktop.DBus"...member..error
name...........)"

I didn't write it down legibly enough to repeat all of it here.
I had to hit the power button and reboot into my main f12.

I know zilch about SELinux, took the defaults on install.
The man page talks about
 label...relabel... restorcon,   none of which I understand

The gui shows
enforcing
enforcing
targeted

I suppose I could try to disable selinux on this backup copy.
does "selinux=0" on the kernel line suffice?
Frowned on, I suppose,
but for something mostly not to be used, maybe ok?

pointers? advice?

Jack