Re: First NFS entry in fstab not mounting at boot

On Mon, 2010-05-17 at 00:46 -0700, Wolfgang S. Rupprecht wrote:
> echo "NETWORKWAIT=yes" >>  /etc/sysconfig/network
>
> reboot
>
> I'm not sure why networkwait isn't the default.  Running without it
> causes quite a bit of the stuff that relies on the network to fail.

Yes, all the fun of watching a box twiddle its thumbs, or come up broken
and not recover:  As NTP found no servers, and never tried again.  NFS
wedges things until the network is up, and mayn't recover after.  DNS
servers going odd if they needed to fetch records from a remote master.
Web servers that won't bind to the network interface, because only
localhost was there when it fired up...

--
[tim@localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.i686