Re: Nvidia upgrade issue - choppy sound and video

On 05/02/2010 01:07 PM, Michael Miles wrote:

> Just a thought if your audio is still choppy then check prefs in video
> player and under audio prefs make sure it is Pulseaudio is checked and
> not alsa.
>
> See if that helps at all.

well it's not just audio...it's video. But would alsa v. pulseaudio
cause problems with the geforce 8400 and not the 6200?

On another note, I removed the nvidia driver and tried the kmod driver.
I used the --uninstall command for the nvidia driver. It made no
difference. I do have the feeling there may have been some residual
configs left over from the nvidia driver...

Gary