Re: Fedora 13 install problem

On Thu, Apr 29, 2010 at 12:32 PM, Wm_Frank Pont jr <fpont@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I have a brand new dell precision T1500.
Fedora 12 live CD fails
Fedora 13 DVD fails and "sleeps forever."
Fedora 13 live CD installed once but failed when I tried to
reinstall after losing network.

After formatting (using defaults) all seems to be going well
when I get
"An unhanded exception has occured.  This is likely a bug ..."

I saved the error ... somewhere ... in a place on the live CD
I can not find.

Any help would be welcomed.

Frank Pont

Hallo Frank,

 this unit booted to the pre-installed windows?
silly question maybe but do not like to assume.

Aside from that error message would be nice. Dell has built in diagnostics.
F12 before POST completes and select diagnostics from menu. Takes about 10-15 minutes, quick hardware check. Maybe try other distro like ubuntu or centos, at least would tell you if its fedora specific bug.