Re: [OT] Deafening silence (Evolution comments)

On Thu, 2010-04-22 at 10:03 -0700, Wayne Feick wrote:

> One thing I have seen it do, however, is get its caches confused and
> refuse to show new mail.

I have never seen that in many years of using Evolution.

> On the calendaring side, on a number of occasions the Palm sync got
> messed up and duplicated all of my calendar events. For a while, each
> time I sync'd it would double the duplicates, causing 1, then 2, then 4,
> then 8 copies of each event. That was a royal pain to undo.

I have definitely seen this. It is so bad that I cannot use my Linux box
as my primary base for my Palm. I have only gotten syncing to work
reliably if I do it only in one direction, so I use a Windows VM as the
master, and sync the Palm onto Linux one way ("Copy from PDA"). This one
is REALLY annoying and it has been there through several Fedora
releases.

However, I doubt if this is an Evolution bug, it is more likely a bug in
gpilotd or lower level pilot-link stuff, which means any other high
level user interface program that uses the same lower level backing
software will probably exhibit the same thing.

--Greg