F-12 and Skype -

.

    Is anyone able to offer some help with Skype.

    I installed their Linux RPM version and yum'd the dependencies. It
    works well between Skype users, at least the voice is fine and I can
    see the other persons video although that's not a feature I would use.

    But although it will connect to the "plain old telephone system, I
    subscribed to that feature," it doesn't provide a usable connection.
    All I have to test with is my cell phone and only hear weak and
    broken audio, a call to my brother's answering machine gets dropped
    before I can say more than a few words leading me to believe it's
    not hearing me?

    To add to the uncertainty my satellite ISP contributes a couple of
    seconds of latency, there is the delay between here and the
    satellite and from there to the earth station plus what ever other
    system delays occur and of course I don't know what effect that
    might have beyond the obvious human reaction to the delayed response.

    Any thoughts on the subject appreciated.

    Bob