Re: acroread and links in /tmp to cups PPD's

On 04/14/2010 10:22 AM, Ed Greshko wrote:
On 04/14/2010 04:06 PM, Joachim Backes wrote:
On 04/14/2010 09:49 AM, Ed Greshko wrote:
On 04/14/2010 03:39 PM, Joachim Backes wrote:
Each time I'm starting acroread and exiting, I find new links in /tmp
such as

4bc54f0710c36 ->   /etc/cups/ppd/xxxxx.ppd
4bc562d356e64 ->   /etc/cups/ppd/yyyyy.ppd

where xxxxx and yyyyy are my two printers. The hex pattern behind
"4bc5..." changes each time acroread runs.

Anybody has a solution how to get rid of this acroread behaviour?

Kind regards

Joachim Backes<joachim.backes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

http://www.rhrk.uni-kl.de/~backes
Don't execute acroread directly.  Call it from a script and have the
script delete the files before it exits?

Hi Ed,

surely I can enwrap acroread into a script, but this only cures the
symptoms and not the cause of this misbehaviour.
Well, since you're getting acroread from Adobe and it isn't OSS then I
doubt much can be done other than curing the symptom.  :-(

Of course you need to file a "bugzilla" with Adobe, right?

Hi Ed,

To be a little bit more precise, I found out that this problem with the links has nothing to do with acroread:

After booting into runmode 5 and logging in into a GNOME session, immediately after having logged in, these two links have been created,
and I'm sure, no acroread runs or has run.

This does not happen if logging in into a KDE session.

Additionally, if booting into runmode 3 and logging in on a text console, no such links are created.

Who could create such links in /tmp to /etc/cups/ppd/...????