Re: Strange 'ls' listing

On Wed, Apr 7, 2010 at 4:43 PM, Michael Cronenworth <mike@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I believe you can generate your own formatted output to workaround it.
> Sure, not intuitive, but possible. You can alias "ll" to your custom
> format output.

:)  Might do that...

I was interested because of the OP about the new behaviour breaking
some scripts.  In one company I'd worked I had some complaints about
some perl scripts that had failed to work after an OpenSSH update.
"Eh?" I thought... Turns out that their script was counting characters
in the ls output and grabbing the file size. Something changed in the
output at one point (I think it was a change from a 5 char username to
a 6 char username (like admin to webadm) and a bunch of scripts broke.

Yeah, I know...