Re: Strange msgs from restore;

On Sunday 04 April 2010, George R Goffe wrote:
>Howdy,
>
>I'm trying to copy my boot partition (and others) to a new drive with
> dump/restore pipes.
>
>(cd /rb.boot          ; /sbin/dump -f - /dev/sda1 | /sbin/restore -rf -)
>
>I get a bunch of messages I've never seen before; here's a sample:
>
>/sbin/restore: ./grub/ffs_stage1_5: EA set
> security.selinux:system_u:object_r:boot_t:s0 failed: Operation not
> supported
>
>I'm running with Selinux turned off now but it came out of the box
> (install DVD) with  Selinux turned on.
>
>Could someone help me with this problem please?
>
>Regards,
>
>George...

Dump/restore is a very poor tool to use unless the drives are identical.
Partition, label and format the new drive like you want it, then use rsync
on a partition by partition basis, bearing in mind that you can src from a
directory to a partition if you would like to split a busy partition into 2
on the new drive.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)

"If you can, help others.  If you can't, at least don't hurt others."
-- the Dalai Lama