Re: FPL steps down: what's the real story?

On Thu, 2010-04-01 at 23:43 +0100, Sam Sharpe wrote:
> On 1 April 2010 23:35, Craig White <craigwhite@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >> >

> >> And I recently learned they don't even use yum! :-o
> > ----
> > well RHEL 4 doesn't but RHEL 5 does.
> >
> > You can install yum from CentOS 4 on RHEL 4 systems but you have to be
> > vigilant about where packages are being installed from because RHEL 4
> > doesn't have repo information for yum.
>
> EPEL is a better place, as it's packages do not conflict with Red Hat ones.
>
> http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/epel/4/x86_64/repoview/yum.html

----
well we are getting a bit afield from Fedora here but I tend to use only
rpmforge (dag) packages on RHEL systems and on RHELv4 systems, do it the
hard way... using only rpm installation for them and do not use yum.

In some cases, I prefer the more recent rpmforge packages over the RHEL
versions (subversion, spamassassin come immediately to mind) but if I am
using RHEL with one of my clients, I tend to be conservative about
package installations and I've had some reticence using EPEL packages on
RHEL.

Craig

believed to be clean.