Re: How to Update Firefox with Fedora 12 and use Firefox's " Check for Updates"?

On Wednesday 31 March 2010, Suvayu Ali wrote:
>On Wednesday 31 March 2010 09:49 AM, Gene Heskett wrote:

>> So while the argument about FF may be valid to some purists, it is not
>> valid for the true believers in rpm.
>>
>> FWIW, FF-3.6.2 from mozilla hasn't appeared to interfere with anything.
>> It Just Works(TM) ANAICT.
>
>Try something with java, maybe something like this[1] java based web
>conferencing client?
>
>[1]http://evo.caltech.edu

And that doesn't work, even after I downloaded and install jre-6u19, I has
6u18 before, and restarted FF.

FWIW, although the libjavaplugin.so is simlinked all the way back to
/usr/java/latest/lib/libjavaplugin.so, and the simlinks are all reported as
good my both mc and ls -l, it doesn't show in the FF about:plugins

The video tuts work just fine though.

What does this application do, and why should I be concerned that it cannot
detect the latest jre available as being installed?

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)

Wernher von Braun settled for a V-2 when he coulda had a V-8.