RE: Looking for a monitor driver

On Wed, 2010-03-31 at 14:23 +0100, Dave Higton wrote:
> Who uses CRT monitors nowadays?

I still do, they look better.  And I'm not about to throw away monitors
that are working well, for outrageously overpriced, and crappy LCD
monitors that might die off within two years.  The hype about lifetimes
of monitors is just hype, we've got CRTs that have been going for many
many years, and LCDs that have crapped out within a couple.

> The "safety" issue, I believe, related to CRT monitors from about 30
> years ago that responded badly if driven slightly out of range.

No, that problem still existed in the 2000s, and probably still does.
I've even read about LCD panels being wrecked by non-spec timing, though
I'm a bit doubtful of it.

--
[tim@localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.i686