Re: How to Update Firefox with Fedora 12 and use Firefox's "Check for Updates"?

Am 31.03.2010 16:23, schrieb Michael Bullington:

Hi!

> I am very angry that I am unable to update Firefox manually using
> Firefox because the "Check for Updates" menu option from Firefox is
> dimmed out.

That's the case because using the firefox's internal update mechanizm
would make the information in the package manager (RPM) useless. The
files on the hard disk would not match those referred to by the RPM
system. Even in Windows you cannot update Firefox globally if you do not
have administrator rights - that's the same with Fedora.

So if you want "vanilla" Firefox, do as Michael Thompson suggested. :)

--
bye
Adalbert