Re: Sftp does not work after upgrade fo F12 [Solved!]

On 03/30/2010 03:37 PM, Rick Sewill wrote:
> On 03/30/2010 05:57 AM, Gianfranco Durin wrote:
>
> I am confused too.
>
> Just a guess...might be a wild goose chase...
> for the user account you are trying to sftp to, could you save your bash
> startup files on the server machine and set up the default bash startup
> files?
>
> My memory is vague, or it might be my imagination, but I seem to
> remember having a problem, a very long time ago, about having things in
> my bash startup files that were interfering with my ability to do things
> through ssh.  Whatever problem I had may no longer be a problem.
>
> I finally fixed my problem by stopping my .bashrc file from doing
> certain things if not interactive.
>
> I came to the conclusion my problem had something to do with things in
> my .bashrc file intercepting input from the standard input and creating
> unexpected output on standard output.
>
> I still try to separate my bash startup files into stuff I always want
> to do and stuff I only want to do when interactive.
>
> I still put the following line in an appropriate place in my .bashrc
> file to stop doing certain things when I am not interactive:
>
> # check for shell is not interactive
>      [ -z "${PS1}" ]&&  return
>
> It's just a guess...but it would be quick and easy to test.

Clap, clap, clap!!!

Great Rick, adding the check the problem disappears!

Yes, indeed, it is sometime obscure in my file .bashrc, which by the way
is rather simple... so simple that the only problem can come from....

bind '"\e[A"':history-search-backward
bind '"\e[B"':history-search-forward

which is a very useful function to get previous commands...
But with the check both sftp and history-search now work!

Thank you so much Rick and all the others!

Gianfranco