Re: ogm video

On Sunday 28 March 2010 23:50:18 Michael Miles wrote:
> On 03/28/2010 03:06 PM, Tim wrote:
>
> Limite de Segurança.ogm
>
> unfortunately this has to be downloaded with torrent
> http://www.kickasstorrents.com/t524772.html
[snip]
> I have installed every codec under the sun but no joy there
>
> I opened a virtual windows os and intalled klite codec pack
> xillisoft converted it no problem
>
> on the linux side no way

What does mplayer say when you try to play it? If it doesn't play, mplayer
should provide a reason. It usually spits out a whole slew of info messages,
and among those there are usually good indications what is wrong.

On a side note, this is a movie, right? I doubt that is the only copy of that
movie available on the torrent --- why don't you simply download some other
copy which has better encoding?

HTH, :-)
Marko