Re: question regarding mounting the Seagate FreeAgent Go 1T drive

On Sun, 2010-03-28 at 15:40 -0700, Darlene Wallach wrote:
> I am unmounting the drive then partitioning and formatting the drive
> for ext3. I thought I would have to mount it after that.

I've found that after things like that, and I've left the drive
unmounted.  There's an icon for it in Nautilus' computer space, or the
tree in the left panel, and double-clicking it will auto-mount it.

KDE probably has something similar.

And unplugging, wait a moment, replugging, should probably work, too.
It's probably a good idea to try that, once, on a freshly set up drive,
anyway.  To see if the drive auto-mounts in the usual way.

--
[tim@localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.i686

read messages from the public lists.