Re: log in through root

On Sun, 2010-03-28 at 03:01 -0700, suvayu ali wrote:

> You don't need to. For all tasks needing root privileges, you will be
> asked for the root password and you can do all the administrative
> tasks as user "rajanish". The interface looks something like this,

Does the desktop for root login look/act any different now than normal
user desktop compared to when root used to be allowed to login?  I'm
assuming there is no difference, which goes to the point of not needing
to be root.  And how often do you need to use root password for admin
stuff?  Not a lot once installed/updated.

--
Mike Chambers
Madisonville, KY

"Best lil town on Earth!"