Re: How to remove linux partition

On Sat, Mar 27, 2010 at 4:27 PM, Ed Greshko <Ed.Greshko@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 03/27/2010 11:58 PM, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:

snip
> It would be my suggestion to get a copy of "Partition Magic".  Its a
> good Windows utility that can be had for a "good price" if you know
> where to look.

Actually Partition Magic is commercial and proprietary - however a
good option for messing with partitions is to google for "PartedMagic"
or go direct to http://partedmagic.com/

Parted Magic is linux and free to obtain and use.  It will deal with
most partition types including ntfs and will shrink or add or change
them as you need to. Almost all the messing that I do with partitions
ahead of installing Fedora on a Windows box is done with this
excellent distro.

Download the iso and burn to CD or use the usb iso and follow the
instructions to put it on a usbkey (if the machine in question can
boot to usb) - Then once it loads it stays in memory and has a number
of useful facilities including a partition editor that has a nice
graphic display (actually it is parted but on the disk are also fdisk
and cfdisk etc as alternative partition editors).  It is pretty
intuitive to use.

--
mike c