Re: Are the scripts in /etc/dhcp/dhclient.d deprecated?

On 03/26/2010 10:23 AM, Aaron Konstam wrote:
> On Thu, 2010-03-25 at 16:28 -0500, Robert Nichols wrote:
>> When dhclient is invoked from NetworkManager, it does not appear that the
>> scripts in /etc/dhcp/dhclient.d are executed.  The callout to those
>> scripts is in /sbin/dhclient-script, but NetworkManager substitutes its
>> own /usr/libexec/nm-dhcp-client.action in place of dhclient-script, and
>> the scripts do not get invoked.
>>
>> How are the functions in the dhclient.d scripts supposed to be preformed
>> now?
>>
>> --
>> Bob Nichols     "NOSPAM" is really part of my email address.
>>                   Do NOT delete it.
>>

> This is a question for the network-manager list at:
> networkmanager-list@xxxxxxxxx
>
> I thought we had gotten passed the "network is better than
> networkmanager" debate  but I guess not. NM is so much better for>90%
> of users but there are always diehards out there. But it is true that
> good  documentation for NM is lacking.

Thanks for the list pointer.  I'll try there.

Yes, there are places where NetworkManager is extremely useful, such as
on my laptop.  OTOH, it provides no benefit whatsoever on my desktop
machines with permanent, wired connections.  Unfortunately, my laptop
really needs one of those scripts in dhclient.d .

                 Do NOT delete it.