Re: NoMachine setup

On 03/26/2010 03:13 PM, John Aldrich wrote:
On Friday 26 March 2010, Jim wrote:

Check your firewall at work and see if SSH can get through it to the
internet.

Run ssh -x to your home computer and see if you can connect without
using NX,
this way it will tell you if it's sshd or NX problem.

Post the error messages of NX.

The error message I'm getting from the Windows client is "The NX service is
not available or the NX access was disabled on host <host name>"

Here are the details (censored so as not to reveal any sensitive data):
NX> 203 NXSSH running with pid: 3940
NX> 285 Enabling check on switch command
NX> 285 Enabling skip of SSH config files
NX> 285 Setting the preferred NX options
NX> 200 Connected to address: <IP> on port: <port#>
NX> 202 Authenticating user: nx
NX> 208 Using auth method: publickey
NX> 204 Authentication failed.

Thing is, I don't know why it's trying to log in as user "nx" and I doubt
that it'll accept the public key as I'm not sure where to put my public key
or anything like that. I was reading the SSH Config file on my linux box, and
I suppose I could put it in /etc/ssh/known_hosts or something like that...

 The KEYS in NX-3.4.0 for Linux are the same on both the Client and Server, you don't have to change them. the Keys as far as the Windows Client should be the same as the ones in Linux, but I'm not sure.

Goto the Website below and check it out it's all about setting up the Windows Client

ait.web.psi.ch/services/linux/guides/user/nx/nx-1.html

Goto the section of "Troubleshooting the NX Client" in the above website and click and read about PSI NX Client key

It appears that your Keys don't match in Linux Computer and Windows (client)computers.
But that isn't always the case.

What is most important is those "Configure" settings in the Windows Client window,
about the "username" and "password"  on your /home/user/ Linux computer.

Your using everything from NoMacine and this should not be a problem.

This Emailing back and forth is creating to much confusion ,can you call me at 317-781-8360 ?