Re: find /etc -size -1G return only empty files

Rick Stevens wrote:

> After reading all the replies to this thread, I must agree that the
> "-1G" does work as the documents say, but it sure as hell is misleading.

"Misleading" might be a little bit strong. It does describe the
behavior the software exhibits, but it's certainly easy for one
to infer something that is not implied.

I suspect that part of the problem is that the documentation is
written by "engineers" and not by documentation experts who know
how to word things. It also doesn't help that the part about what
+n and -n mean is separated in the docu from where -size is explained.

I think the docu is probably just too terse, and needs an example or
two to explain what is intended in more detail.

Mike
You have found the bank of Larn.