Re: NoMachine setup

On 03/25/2010 05:43 PM, Jim wrote:
> On 03/25/2010 05:29 PM, Jim wrote:
>
>> On 03/25/2010 04:53 PM, John Aldrich wrote:
>>

>>> Ok. Having issues. Here's the log extract from /var/log/secure:
>>> User nx not allowed because shell /usr/libexec/nx/nxserver does not exist
>>> followed by:
>>> input_userauth_request: invalid user nx
>>>

>>> when I try to change the owner of the /usr/NX/etc directory, there is no
>>> user "nx." I've added a user, but I'm afraid that it's going to want to use
>>> a specific password... any ideas why it didn't create the "nx" user?
>>>

>> Did you install the NXserver on your home computer.
>>
>> I hope you haven't anything from a previous install of NXfree.
>>
>> The only username you haveto use is the username and password from your
>> /home/user directory
>> on your home computer that will be entered in NX client in the computer
>> at work.
>>
>> In the Client computer at Work in the login window you'll have ;
>>
>> Login:  (Your username from your /home/user at home)
>> Password: (Your password you use to login to your /home/user at home
>> Computer)
>> Session:  (Your username from your /home/user at home computer)
>>
>> Be sure that, that Client Window on your work Computer is "Configured"
>> as I showed in my first Email.
>>
>> (The Work Computer), configure the login window(client) with host IP
>> (your home computers IP) Desktop is Unix, KDE or Gnome , Display on mine
>> is set to 1024x768 , no encryptions .
>>

> There is a Connection Wizard in the Fedora Menu under the Internet>  NX
> Client for Linux>  NX Connection Wizard . In your Work Computer
>
> Put the Configure setting in that Wizard. In your work computer.
>
> If you installed all three, NXclient.rpm, NXnode,rpm, NXserver.rpm  on
> both computers,
> You should not have to make any changes on your Home Computer.
> Just the Configure Settings on the Client Computer, your Work Computer.
>
> Just be sure, !!  you don't have any previous installs of NXfree on
> either computer.

I also forgot to tell you,

That there is a SSHD program for Windows on the internet called "Putty"
you would have to do a Google on it.

NoMachine has a Client for Windows, You might goto Nomachine.com and
check it out, I have never used it.

"It's against  my Religion and Better Judgement to use Windows"