Re: NoMachine setup

On 03/25/2010 05:29 PM, Jim wrote:
> On 03/25/2010 04:53 PM, John Aldrich wrote:
>
>> Ok. Having issues. Here's the log extract from /var/log/secure:
>> User nx not allowed because shell /usr/libexec/nx/nxserver does not exist
>> followed by:
>> input_userauth_request: invalid user nx
>>

>> when I try to change the owner of the /usr/NX/etc directory, there is no
>> user "nx." I've added a user, but I'm afraid that it's going to want to use
>> a specific password... any ideas why it didn't create the "nx" user?
>>

> Did you install the NXserver on your home computer.
>
> I hope you haven't anything from a previous install of NXfree.
>
> The only username you haveto use is the username and password from your
> /home/user directory
> on your home computer that will be entered in NX client in the computer
> at work.
>
> In the Client computer at Work in the login window you'll have ;
>
> Login:  (Your username from your /home/user at home)
> Password: (Your password you use to login to your /home/user at home
> Computer)
> Session:  (Your username from your /home/user at home computer)
>
> Be sure that, that Client Window on your work Computer is "Configured"
> as I showed in my first Email.
>
> (The Work Computer), configure the login window(client) with host IP
> (your home computers IP) Desktop is Unix, KDE or Gnome , Display on mine
> is set to 1024x768 , no encryptions .

There is a Connection Wizard in the Fedora Menu under the Internet > NX
Client for Linux > NX Connection Wizard . In your Work Computer

Put the Configure setting in that Wizard. In your work computer.

If you installed all three, NXclient.rpm, NXnode,rpm, NXserver.rpm  on
both computers,
You should not have to make any changes on your Home Computer.
Just the Configure Settings on the Client Computer, your Work Computer.

Just be sure, !!  you don't have any previous installs of NXfree on
either computer.