Re: FC12 add/remove bug

On 03/26/2010 02:44 AM, Bill Davidsen wrote:

> What? That breaks everything which uses yum. Did Yellowdog change it, or is this
> a Fedora-ism to have an API different from other distributions, or ???

Yum has nothing to do with Yellowdog anymore.  It is maintained by Seth
Vidal from Red Hat.  PackageKit uses the Yum API to do the package
management tasks and the API does change from time to time and is not
Fedora specific.  Unfortunately a yum update with a break has been
pushed as an update.  I assume PackageKit will be updated to match the
current API but meanwhile the workaround is to revert back to the older
version of Yum.

Rahul