Re: NoMachine setup

On 03/25/2010 11:14 AM, John Aldrich wrote:
> I'd like to use NoMachine to access my F11 box at home. Currently I'm
> tunneling VNC over SSH to do so, but it would be nice to have one app to do
> it all.
> I'm afraid I'm not very good at reading page after page of generic
> instructions. I'm wondering if anyone knows of a good "how-to" for setting
> up NoMachine on Fedora?
>
> Thanks!

nomachine works right out of the box, if you use the three packages
below on both computers.
Just download ;

nxclient
nxnode
nxserver

and install on both computers , nxclient, nxnode, nxserver and the keys
will be auto generated will be the same for both computers.

The Work Computer, configure the login window(client) with host IP (your
home computers IP) Desktop is Unix, KDE , Display on mine is set to
1024x768 , no encryptions .

If your going to connect to your computer from work, before you leave
home goto http://getip.com and get the Internet IP for your home
computer and put it in the login Window on your work computer, with the
settings above. Check every couple of days to see if your home computer
IP has changed by your ISP..

If your going to have a different setup (program) on your work computer
, your going to have to put the generated keys on your home computer
(Server) into the computer at work.

The user name,password, IP for your computer will have to be put in
configure on the work computer(client) work computer.

And finally there are no setting in Nomachine that have to be change on
either computer.

If you have a different "client" program  on your work computer, Good
Luck on getting the setup between the two computers.

I don't know if you can install any third party programs on your
computer at work, and if you can't , GOOD LUCK.

If you use a Router in front of your home computer, the Router will have
to have "Port Forwarding" to your computer in it's setup. If you do not
use a Router, then no change has to be made, JUST be SURE that SSHD is
running on both Computers.

I have never been successful in installing NXfree in Fedora, of any
version. That is why I
prefer to use NoMachine.
The only drawback to NoMachine it will only connect to TWO different
computers at the Server end. But that is not a problem for you if your
using just one home computer.