Asus eeepc 1005PEB

Just purchased an asus 1005PEB and I can't get Emulated multitouch for
the touchpad to work.  I compared my synclient -l to my ibm thinkpad
that has emulated multitouch and everything is setup correctly.  It
also works on the base windows install.  Don't really know where to go
from here, should I get in touch with the xorg dev crew and see if
this is fixed in a newer version of xorg?

I believe the 1005PEB is a very recent build, jan 2010, so I could
understand this bug being present.