Re: upgrade FC5

Quoting Thufir <hawat.thufir@xxxxxxxxx>:

> It seems impossible to upgrade FC5 without a clean install -- is that
> essentially correct?  If I did decide to stick with FC5, how, generally,
> would I go about installing java or other rpm's?  Manually downloading?
>
> Can I connect up FC5 with:
>
> http://livna-dl.reloumirrors.net/fedora/5/i386/

Dude... FC5 is so old, you're really better off backing up your
personal data (if you don't have a separate "home" partition) and any
scripts,etc and reinstalling a newer version. FC5 is not supported any
more and any apps you might download to run are probably not going to
work as the versions of libraries are seriously outdated.