FC12+selinux+dump/restore

Hi all,
I'm using the Live version of FC12 to produce a bootable clone of an idle FC12
system to a USB stick. One step involves using 'dump' to dump the contents of the
idle root fiesystem and piping the result to 'restore', to build the stick
copy of root. This all basically works, except that restore moans about a bunch
of files during the restoration process with things like:

/var/cache/fontconfig/xxxxx: EA set.security.selinux.system_u:object_r:fonts_cache_t:s0 failed: Invalid argument

The disk-based system originally had selinux disabled, and when I tried the dump
of that, I got thousands of restore errors. I then booted up the disk-based system,
set selinux to permissive and let it relabel the files. After that, restore only
produced the current bunch of errors. selinux on the live system runs in enforcing/targeted,
but the problem still occurs if I set it to permissive/targeted (by editing /etc/selinux/config
as there is no option for this in the Administration menu on the live system)

Any ideas anyone?

Cheers,
Terry