Re: Restarting pulseaudio? -

On 22/03/10 12:17, Marko Vojinovic wrote:

> How about killing qtel, then killing pulseaudio, then starting pulseaudio, and
> finally starting qtel, in that particular order? Would that recover pulseaudio
> and cpu usage? (N.B. You should *not* need to be root for any of this, regular
> user privileges should suffice.)
>
> HTH, :-)
> Marko

    Yes, that is essentially what I did, I kept shutting down things ,
    the last being pulseaudio which restored normal cpu activity. But
    after "killing" pulseaudio using the pid indicated in top I had no
    way to restart it. "pulseaudio -D" did not restart so I tried what
    it suggested [being unaware of any reason not to do so].

    Yes the "Qtel" application is probably the culprit, fortunately it's not an essential thing but I would have liked it to work.

    Bob