Re: AppArmor about to be merged into the kernel?

On Sun, 21 Mar 2010 22:24:08 -0700
Don Quixote de la Mancha wrote:

> Perhaps someone could post a brief note that compares and contrasts
> SELinux with AppArmor.

The one thing I remember about AppArmor was that all the
pointless security restrictions were tied to a specific
executable, and if AppArmor was preventing you from running
some program, all you had to do was make a copy of
it, then you could run the copy without a peep from
AppArmor. This happened to us at work when trying to
do a build on a suse system. I wish I could remember
what program it was (it was not anything setuid, just some
innocuous utility that someone at suse thought should
be restricted for some reason).