Re: "No more mirrors are available" popup box

On 03/22/2010 03:52 AM, Kam Leo wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 21, 2010 at 10:37 AM, Gregory Hosler <ghosler@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> On 03/22/2010 12:13 AM, Adalbert Prokop wrote:
>>> Am 18.03.2010 14:10, schrieb Gregory Hosler:
>>>
>>> Hi!

>>> First try to run "yum update" on the comman line - the messages it shows
>>> might help to find the reason for the behaviour.
>>
>> yum doesn't have a problem. yum quietly looks at my properly configured yum
>> repo, and sees that there is nothing to update. Since the repo is a local repo,
>> it doesn't make any attempt to look up a mirror, and certainly doesn't tell me
>> that it cannot connect to any mirror.
>>
>>> Anoter idea: run "yum clean all" to clean packages stored in local cache
>>> as well as downloaded metadata. On the next start yum will download them
>>> again. This helped me sometimes when yum behaved strage.
>>
>> As mentioned above, I'm not dealing w/ a remote mirror. I have a local repo and
>> yum is complaining on *that* repo that there are no more mirrors (which is
>> silly, of course).
>
> You did not mention where your local repo is installed. Is it on the
> same hard drive as the OS? If not, then your local repo is not on
> line/accessible at the time the yum daemon runs.

yes. local hard drive, accessible whenever the OS is up...

You mention a "yum daemon" - which deamon, which service, might this be, in
order to turn it off and see if that might be the root cause of this problem.

Thank you, and all the best,

- -Greg

>> Thanks for the suggestion! Still looking for more suggestions!
>>
>> All the best,
>>
>> - -Greg

- --

Please also check the log file at "/dev/null" for additional information.
                (from /var/log/Xorg.setup.log)

| Greg Hosler                                   ghosler@xxxxxxxxxx    |