Installing on a Macbook Pro

Hi all,

I'm running Fedora 12 on an older macbook pro. For a long time I've
had a co-installation of Fedora and OS X. Since I never use OS X, I'd
like to install over the OS X partition (my plan is to try to install
the F13 alpha over the OS X partition, and keep my existing F12
installation in case something goes wrong).

The problem that I have is that I've been using refit
(http://refit.sourceforge.net/) as my EFI boot environment. So right
now when I boot my computer, refit loads, and then that loads grub,
and grub boots the kernel normally. It's my understanding that
overwriting the OS X volume would break refit, making my computer
unbootable.

It's also my understanding that:
 * GRUB 0.9x does not support EFI volumes
 * GRUB 2 supports EFI, but isn't supported by Fedora

The GRUB 2 package description specifically states:
    : This is a development snapshot, and as such will not
    : replace grub if you install it, but will be merely added as another
    : kernel to your existing GRUB menu. Do not replace GRUB (grub
    : package) with it unless you know what are you doing.

Does anyone have any advice on how to proceed? At this point I don't
care about support for OS X (or Windows), I just want to make sure
that whatever I do next I'll be able to boot an operating system after
rebooting my laptop.

Thanks.

--
Evan Klitzke <evan@xxxxxxxxxxxx> :wq