Re: ssh to my computer behind NAT

Hiisi wrote:
> Dear list!
> I would like to be able to ssh to my home computer located behind my
> ISP' NAT. I know, I can tunnel to it through some middle host and
> actually I'm doing it at the moment. But I'm fancy is there a better
> solution? Is there a possibility of not using any computer at the
> middle to connect to my home system from the outside world? Can I
> connect to it directly using some magic setup? Any thoughts?

Is your real problem that you don't know what public IP the ISP assigns, or that
the connect isn't forwarded. The first is easily solved with dyndns. The second
not so much, I think the middle computer is the only solution. My firewall only
forwards a (very) few SYN packets to real machines, the rest are either rejected
or dropped.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen@xxxxxxx>