Re: partition customization ....how do I ???

Jatin K wrote:
> first of all you have to pass the test ( if I'm not wrong )...  then and
> then you only become the _certified _professional .... is it ???
>
> if you write "I know everything about Linux/Unix "in your CV ...... I
> think it will not be considerable
>
> if you wanna write RHCE Certified in you CV  .... the you have to pass
> the test ..... if you wanna pass the test , you must have to answer the
> questions which are presented to you

Ok, that's not a problem. Just be up front about what you want.

Just post a question, not about installing, but about your particular
needs.

I suggest you post something like

"I'm trying to understand how disc partitioning works, and I'm confused.
I used fdisk to do blah blah, and what I got was blah blah, while
expected to get blah blah. Where am I misunderstanding things?"

I suggest not to pose questions like

"How do I fool Anaconda into doing disc partitioning a certain way."

That makes it sound like you are having a problem doing an install,
and people are going to talk all around what you really need, because
they won't understand what you really are getting at, which is you
don't understand how partitioning works.

Also, being able to fool Anaconda into doing things does not make
one a "Linux guru". That would be someone who understands disc
partitioning, not someone who knows the "tricks" for several installers.

However, the questions you are asking are, please don't take offence,
so very very basic and trivial in nature, like a newbie who doesn't
understand disk partitioning at all, that this isn't the way to go
about it.

First, you should expend some effort on your own, studying how disc
partitioning works, and understand the basics. Then, you should
do some work partitioning discs and fiddling around with them, and
build a few systems with diffferent partitioning setups on them.

If you then have questions, by all means ask them. However, this is
a support echo for people who want to know how to make their Fedora
systems run, not an educational society for people who don't understand
how disc partitioning works. You'll probably find a few people who
are willing to help you learn, but they may recommend taking things
off the list. I'm pretty familiar with the MBR type of PT, since
I've been making them since about 1984 or so. I know next to nothing
about BSD style slices, and other partitioning schemes. I'd be
willing to help you with that sort of information, off line. I know
next to nothing about LVM, so I couldn't help you with that.

If I wanted to do a custom partition install, I wouldn't run the
standard install disc, and then try to "break out" of it somehow,
and do something "behind the installer's back", and then resume the
install.

I'd use a stand-alone rescue type CD-ROM to boot, partition the disc
as I saw fit, and only then boot to the installer, and give it the
information it needs in order to use the partitions I already created.

Mike
You have found the bank of Larn.