Re: To upgrade or to change to a more 'stable' distrobution

On Wed, Mar 3, 2010 at 4:50 AM, Seann Clark <nombrandue@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
All,

  I am polling for options on some of my servers. I have two that are out of date now, one sorely out of date (using Fedora 8) and I am wondering what the best path to upgrading that would be. I would go over to CentOs on it, but I don't know how stable the move out be or what the level of effort would be on that, so I am polling for answers.

Seems like it depends a lot on what your servers do. I switched some of my  boxes from fedora to centos because fedora  support for old versions goes dark too soon for me. I am happy, centos is close enough to fedora for me to know my way around, and the few things that are different can be overcome fairly easily. But so far I've only done fresh installs for new boxes, haven't tried to deal with an old LVM or existing service that has to migrate.
cents=2
Dave