RE: To upgrade or to change to a more 'stable' distrobution

> All,
>
>     I am polling for options on some of my servers. I have
> two that are
> out of date now, one sorely out of date (using Fedora 8) and I am
> wondering what the best path to upgrading that would be. I
> would go over
> to CentOs on it, but I don't know how stable the move out be
> or what the
> level of effort would be on that, so I am polling for
> answers.

CentOS 5.3 is based of Fedora Core 6 and is really stable.
We use supported RHEL 5.3 machines and then have some
CentOS machines for testing which are binary compatible.
I have found CentOS to be as solid as RHEL (no supprise there).
It just does not have the new features, bells, and whistles
(and problems) of the latest Fedora releases.

Just my 2 cents

Bob Styma