Re: F12-i386-DVD iso won't burn properly

On Mon, 2010-03-01 at 21:53 -0500, Temlakos wrote:
> I have downloaded this ISO twice, and verified it each time. I have made
> no less than three "coasters" while trying to create a DVD from it. Then
> I moved the ISO to another machine, and another program--which then
> proceeded to tell me that the ISO looked like a CD, not a DVD.
>
> What's going on? Has nobody noticed that the DVD ISO is no good, and
> that the six-CD install set, or one of the two live CDs, are the only
> options?

Yeah, I had the same problem using F12 and the same procedures that I
have used in other releases using both brasero and the fileroller
doodad.  I gave up and just burned it from a Windows box.  Maybe its
fixed now with the hundreds of patches being fired out.

I think its all part of the insufficient testing problem that has dogged
F12 ever since it was released without being stabilized.  Hopefully the
revised F13 qa automation and fixing of blocker anaconda bugs so that
testers can actually install the beta can resolve some of this...