Re: Hulu.com and 64-bit Problem?

--- On Mon, 3/1/10, Michael Cronenworth <mike@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 03/01/2010 11:15 PM, Patrick Bartek wrote:
>
>   Thanks for the link.  Read numerous posts and
> replies.  Several people said by wrapping the 32-bit flash
> plugin on their 64-bit systems/browsers, they got Hulu to
> work.  However, I never was happy with the performance of
> the wrapped flash plugin.  It was worse than the 64-bit
> Alpha.  Maybe, I'll just install 32-bit Firefox and use
> it for those times I need it now that I know the problem is
> not exclusively a 64-bit OS problem.  I already have a few
> 32-bit apps on my system.  So, another one isn't going
> to bother me.  (I'm not a 64-bit only fanatic.)
>
> Just use huludesktop. It will work fine with the 64-bit
> plugin. They
> provide a 64-bit RPM on hulu.com.

This was suggested in the Hulu user "tech" section, but most of the users who tried it (of the postings I read) reported that the display problem persisted.  Many also complained of problems with the Huludesktop itself.

The only "fix" that was consistently successful was using the 32-bit flash plugin either wrapped or natively.

Thanks for the suggestion.