Re: F12-i386-DVD iso won't burn properly

On Mon, 2010-03-01 at 21:53 -0500, Temlakos wrote:
> I have downloaded this ISO twice, and verified it each time. I have made
> no less than three "coasters" while trying to create a DVD from it. Then
> I moved the ISO to another machine, and another program--which then
> proceeded to tell me that the ISO looked like a CD, not a DVD.

You don't say exactly how you burned the DVDs that don't work. Without
that information it's difficult to know what could be wrong. For
instance, some people mistakenly copy the ISO file to an empty DVD *as a
file* rather than a disk image. This will never work.

You might also test whether other DVDs burned on the same machine (with
the same type of media) do work.

> What's going on? Has nobody noticed that the DVD ISO is no good, and
> that the six-CD install set, or one of the two live CDs, are the only
> options?

Sure, the thousands of people who've done this have had the same problem
but no-one thought to mention it till now.

poc