Re: Using f13 rpms in f12?

M A Young wrote:

> That is probably relative safe to do (provided you make sure you keep a
> Fedora 12 kernel installed to go back to just in case) because kernels
> have few dependencies. Possible difficulties include too-old kernel
> install tools like dracut, and incompatible selinux or X versions.
>
> If all you want is 2.6.32 then you can get that from the updates-testing
> repository of Fedora 12 anyway. (The plan seems to be for F12 to go to
> 2.6.32 eventually, though presumably there have been technical and/or QA
> issues stopping in happening so far).

I have been running the .32 kernel from koji for a while without issue in my
laptop - but I wondered if getting the .33 kernel (which has some important
fixes over .32) might be possible without too much hassle but keep the rest
of f12 going as it is in a stable manner.  If what is needed is to update
dracut, mesa, x11 and a few other things at the same time and it will still
boot and run X (with gnome 2-d only) then that would be nice!