Hulu.com and 64-bit Problem?

A curious incompatibility, it seems, between Hulu.com and 64-bit libflashplayer.so plugin has recently reared its ugly head:  streaming video won't play or Hulu won't stream them for whatever reason.  Also, any other streaming sight that gets some of their content from Hulu like Fancast.com or SlashControl.com has the same problem with those Hulu videos.  Those TV shows, movies, clips, etc. that don't come through Hulu work fine.

When it fails, Hulu reports that there may be a problem with my network. (There's not.)  Reloading the page, sometimes gets the sound of the lead-in ("This program brought you by . . .") only, but no video.  Up until two weeks ago or so, everything worked without problems.

I first thought it might be a update problem with my Fedora 12 64-bit system, but whether I use the most current version of the plugin or an earlier one on Firefox or Opera, the results are the same.  However, if I use 32-bit Linux--doesn't matter which distro, it seems--the videos stream just fine.  I've tested this with Fedora 12, Puppy 4.3.1, and Vector 6.0  (all 32-bit) running in VirtualBox 3.0 (not the OSE version) on my 64-bit F12 system, and in PCLinuxOS 2009.1 and Puppy 4.3.1 in VB 2.something OSE on Fedora 9 64-bit, both on the same hardware, and all work just fine as long as the version of libflashplayer is later than 10.0 R15.

The Fedora 9 system running natively has the problem, too.  Even though it worked fine previously.  It is also fully up to date as of July 2009 when support on it ceased.

Anyone have any ideas of the cause?  And how to correct it?  Or whether this is a 64-bit problem or Hulu or Adobe one?

Also, anyone running F12 64-bit with 32-bit Firefox with the 32-bit flash plugin who could do a test stream, and tell me the results?

Of course, Windows Vista & XP SP3--both 32-bit--work fine.

Thanks.